- Levels 5-10 March 31 - Apr 3, 2016
Host location: Sportsplex Gymnastics
P.G. Sports and Learning Center
8001 Sheriff Road
Landover, MD 20785
Please click here to visit the Regional Championships website for the latest information. Click here for updated session times.
Level 5 - 46.0
Level 6 - 47.0
Level 7 - 43.0
Level 8 JO - 60.0
Level 8 JE - 60.0 (and compete all 6 events at state championships)
Level 9 JO - 63.0
Level 9 JE - 63.0 (and compete all 6 events at state championships)
Level 10 (15-16) - 66.0 56.8 (5 events) 46.2 (4 events) 36.3 ( 3 events)
Level 10 (17-18) - 68.0 58.5 (5 events) 47.6 (4 events) 37.4 ( 3 events)
Note: For Level 10 JO gymnasts only. Any gymnast who does not qualify by the AA Score or 3, 4, 5 event score but finishes in the top 5 on an event at their State Championships qualifies for that event only and may compete in that event only at Regional Championships. (This is similar to how specialists may qualify to JO Nationals this year. No 3, 4, 5 event score for JO nationals)
Junior Elite Levels 8(11-12), 9(13-14), 10(15-16), 10(17-18)
Any athlete who performs Technical Sequences on 6 events at their State Championships automatically qualifies for and the JO and JE Optional Sessions on Thursday March 31, 2016 and the JE Technical Sequence session on Friday April 1, 2016. Athletes will declare at the end of Regional Championships their desire to pursue this avenue of competition at the JO National Championships if qualified.
Regional Championships Entry Procedures:
Once your athlete has qualified to Region 7 Championships:
- 1. We, the State, will use your correctly filled out State Meet entry form as your Regional entry form. Those boys who do not qualify or will not be attending Regionals will be crossed off that entry form.
- 2. Please Provide one check per gym for $125 per JO athlete and $150 per JE athlete doing Tech Sequences($125+ $25) attending Regionals. Make the Check out to VA Boys Gymnastics.
- 3. The entry fee (check) must be received by the conclusion of the State Meet or your athletes will not be registered for Regional Championships.
- Any athlete you wish to petition into Regionals must have the proper forms filled out and documentation provided. You will need to follow the procedures listed in section 12 of the "Rules and Policies". Forms and policies can be found on the USAG website.
- Petition Form: https://usagym.org/PDFs/Men/Rules/Rules%20and%20Policies/injury-petition.pdf.
- Policy: https://usagym.org/pages/men/pages/rules_policies.html.
Preliminary Session Times:
Thursday March 31, 2016
JO National Qualifying Levels 8-10 (JO National age brackets)
JO Routines All Junior Elites
Friday April 1, 2016
Session 4 (Fri. AM) Level 7 (all ages)
Session 5 (Fri. Afternoon) Level 8-9 (non JO National age brackets)
Session 6 (Fri Evening) JE Technical Sequences
Saturday April 2, 2016
Sessions 7-9 Level 5 (All)
Sunday April 3, 2016
Sessions 10-11 Level 6 (All)